Home Staging Tips
At The Susan and Moe Team, we believe that having your home staged by our professional home stager will absolutely help to sell your home. We bring our partner Nona Sheehan into your home to take a look at your space and her creative eye does the rest! Nona will use what you already have in your home to optimize the space and make it look top-notch! Paired with professional photos and videos, it really is a no-brainer to have your home staged.
As well as having Nona come in to optimize your space, there are simple things you can do to make sure your home looks great too. A few simple home staging tips can be found below.
– Less is more. Try not to overcrowd spaces with clutter and things
– If possible, be sure that all rooms are set up the proper way (buyers should be able to tell that they are standing in the dining room and not a storage area)
– Shower tiles should be clea of
– Put away features that seem too gender-specific in your bedroom (you want to appeal to all audiences)
– Adding a coat of paint to old brick fireplaces makes a HUGE difference in updating the home
– Stain or paint dated kitchen cupboard doors
– Fill any holes that may be in the walls from nails, hooks, etc.
– Paint any wood panels that may be in the basement or other walls
– Make sure that your home doesn’t smell like your pet
– Keep closets organized as potential buyers will probably open the doors to check out the storage space
– Update old furniture, or simply throw a cover over top of old couches and chairs